Thursday, October 21, 2010

This Country Smells like Pee

This blog will be an ongoing list of things I find retarded in this country. While my few months as an Israeli have been exciting and eye opening in many positive ways I have also discovered a more ridiculous, head-banging on the wall, side of Israel.

1. This Country Smells Like Pee.
While not everyplace you go has the smell of urine it is without a doubt that at some point in an outing you will be overcome my the odor of human waste. Why, you may ask? Either people are too lazy to find a bathroom or too cheap to pay the shekel it sometimes takes to get in. That or the pee is really coming from the millions of cats roaming around this country.

2. The Wedding Dresses
I have yet to find a wedding dress that isn't completely slutty and tacky or a modest/orthodox catastrophe. It is beyond me why people proudly display these kinds of dresses in the store windows.


3. The Israeli Army Bureaucracy
OMG, how have we ever won a war. SRSLY. It's like hormonal chickens running around with their heads cut off. The only answer is that our enemies are even more disorganized.

4. If You Don't Know, Don't Answer!
Something that has been really difficult for me to get used to is the fact that when you ask a question it will get answered in a matter of fact way, even if the person has no idea what the hell the correct answer is.

New Immigrant: When am I getting my folder of options for jobs in the army?
Soldier on Phone: You're not getting one you will just show up and go to basic training

She got her folder that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment