Thursday, October 21, 2010

Now a real Israelian!


While it does seems more reasonable to have posted when I actually moved to Israel the task of actually sitting down and typing on something other than facebook seemed too daunting. Regardless in the end I gave in as I like the title of this blog too much to let it to go to waste!

Brief summary of the past 4 months:

I ended up choosing to join the army with Garin Tzabar and move to Israel. My Aliyah date was July 7th where I and the other 200-something new immigrants was greeted by 800 screaming zionists and Israeli diplomats. I lived in Jerusalem for the first month with my boyfriend and did ulpan. Then on August 5th I moved to my new home with my Garin at Kibbutz Shamir, Kiryat Shmona ( basically lebanon/syria). I have just completed the 3 month absorption process and am joining the army on Sunday. oy oy oy. I am drafting into the air force.... what position, nobody knows... great! fml. I am optimistic and ready to suck up during basic training so they will give me a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment