Monday, January 3, 2011

The Hummus Epidemic




I miss Mexican food. I once found a Mexican resturant in Tel aviv but sadly they put sprouts and feta cheese in their enchilladas. Fuck that.


I miss Asian food. I went to a Chinese resturant the other day. I even checked to make sure there was a real Asian in the kitchen. They served me Pad Thai and had Sushi on the Menu. Fuck that.


Although I have never eaten at McDonald's in the States or Israel it amazes me how Israelis pay 35-40NIS for a McD's Hamburger ( roughly $10 american) when it is known as a lower income food in America. How has it become a delicacy here when you can get a better burger for half the price somewhere else. Fuck That.


I'm turning into a giant chickpea. I don't understand how all of these hummus places are able to stay in business. They are right next to each other, it's like Starbucks. Falafel shop, shwarema shop, falafel and shwarema shop. How does this work?Each place boasts that they have the best hummus although it all essentially tastes the same. It is all made from a chickpea ( or at least I hope). I don't understand how the expensive hummus place next to the cheaper one stays in business. How are Israelis not obese munchkins with all the fried chickpeas, bread, and french fries they must be eating to support all of these businesses.


No comments:

Post a Comment